Wednesday 11 May 2011

Quick project on the side.

Today I went to the second hand shop to try to find some glitter-fabric piece of clothing which I could turn into a circus-outfit for my daughter who's invited for a circus-themed birthdayparty this weekend. A friend gave me this advice since our craft shop is quite expensive. Well, I found a really great short black dress with gold glitter, perfect size for the circus-dance lady she wants to be, bargain prize $1, woohoo! I also found this little red shirt with airplanes and I remembered my son still has a (boring) red top waiting for some applique.
Luckely on the back of the shirt there were 2 complete airplanes, because all the ones on the front are missing the tail of front, which I didn't notice untill I was home, lesson learned here! (I think I can unpick the pocket and use the one underneath later). I used iron-on Vliesofix on the wrong side of the fabric and cut out the 2 airplanes. (for some weird reason this photo keeps turning on it's side ?!?!).


I ironed them on the front of the red top so they won't shift while I sew them on. (you can still see the change of colour from the heat of the iron, it changes back after cooling down!).



I used a blanket stitch on my sewing machine to sew them on.


And a happy, chappy little bloke!


And yes, my little girl was over the moon with her circus dress!

No comments: