Saturday 14 May 2011

Found it !!

After waiting and thinking about what to do with the border, I finally found some more courage and decided just to try the free motion quilting. I thought since it's my first quilt ever, it's ok to have some irregularities. So half an hour before preparing dinner I put my sewing machine on the dinning table and took off.
See the silly gloves? They give a very good grip to move the fabric around.
I am soooooo happy I did take the step to try the free motion quilting!!! I think I did a pretty good job for a first and am very hapy with the outcome. The fabric is just perfect for it too.


When it did get to preparing dinner time my mum stepped in, so I could continu quilting. Thanks mum! After dinner I finished the quilting and trimmed the edges. Bit scary though ;-).


I had already prepared my binding a few days ago, so was able to just keep going. With the help of the tutorials mentioned on the Above All Fabric website adhering the binding wasn't a big problem to tackle either.


I still have to match up the beginning and the end of the binding as you can see in the photo and then handstitch the binding tothe back. I hope the kids will have a good afternoon nap today because I can't wait to finish it :-D.


This is how it looks from the front (still pins in the back to keep the binding in it's place!).



Hope you like it as much as I do!

No comments: