Monday 4 April 2011

An other new house.

My friend Jo recently bought a house so I wanted to make her a card. I went blogging and found inspiration in the Colour Q colour challenge. And the current sketch challenge from Papertake Weekly.
I saw Pals Paper Art has a challenge to use punches and that was exactly my plan so I c0uld incorporate this one as well. In Spotlight I bought a brick-a-brick punch which is perfect for the 'new house' theme I wanted to create. I had a little play with the papers, discovered a suitable digi stamp and had a go. I went on Micrisoft Publisher to get the right oval shape around my digi and added the sentiment. (I hadn't done that before so was quite proud to get that done without a big struggle). Because of the requested colours I liked to add some left over hessian (jute), layered with the pink ribbon & buttons, I am quite happy with the outcome.
There's even some stitching but because of the white thread it's hard to see on the photo, so have a look at the photo underneath where I zoomed in.
Hope you like it! Have a great week.

1 comment:

Jo said...

I LOVE it!!!!! Thank you for my lovely card. Mr Crafty Nomad was very impressed too! Love the bricks they turned out so cool! Thank you Martine!